Things with wings


I love the colour combination of black, white and turquoise and I think it really worked well on this card. I used my new Penny Black stamp called Botanical Notes. I stamped the image twice so I could use the second image to layer up the butterfly and flowers with foam pads. I stamped another butterfly to use on the left of my card. I did minimal turquoise colouring on both butterflies to link them to the card layers and ribbon. To finish I added some beautiful turquoise dazzlers. I have a friend who would love this card so it will be put aside for her birthday.
This card is also my inspiration piece for the Penny Black and More June challenge which is butterflies. A nice easy challenge for you all and a whole month to enter. Please remember to read the full rules before entering. Click the link above to find the list of sponsors and the fantastic prizes you could win.

I have entered my card into the challenges listed below.

http://creataliciouschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ Butterflies/end 14th June
http://whimsyinspires.blogspot.co.uk/ #83/ Any but square/end 15th June
http://www.lovesrubberstampschallenges.com/ #154/ Any/end 8th June
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.co.uk/ Any/ends 8th June
http://craft-deebowz.blogspot.co.uk/ Any + bow/ end 30th June
http://partytimetuesdays.blogspot.ca/ #198/Any/end 29th June
http://onecrazystampercom.blogspot.co.uk/  Any/end 28th June

13 comments:

brenda said...

I too like the colour combo Shirley, sometimes less really is more when it comes to colour and I think you got the balance spot on.

Hope you have a good Sunday.

B x

brenda said...

I too like the colour combo Shirley, sometimes less really is more when it comes to colour and I think you got the balance spot on.

Hope you have a good Sunday.

B x

Mervi said...

Wow gorgeous card Shirley;-))m

Ellibelle said...

Yes, the colors look amazing! Such a beautiful and elegant card design. Gorgeous stamp!!

NickScrapShack said...

This is so beautiful! Fantastic design. Gorgeous stamps and I love the bow and sparkles. Big fav of mine!
Thank you for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week. Good luck and hope to see you back soon!
Nick

susiestacey said...

Lovely card Shirley, very stylish x Susan x

Anonymous said...

a beautiful colour combo, shirley and a beautiful card! the left side looks like a bookmark, minus the gems. :)

Cheri Burry said...

This card is stunning! I love the colour combo too! Just looks so clean and fresh. Thanks for playing along with us over at One Crazy Stamper!

Linby said...

This is certainly inspiration to me Shirley - an exquisite card, once again I need to find time to try and emulate your style if I can - LOVE it.
Lynn x

Casi said...

Beautiful design. I also love the color combo.

LG Kerstin

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Butterfly” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
(DT Come and Get It)

Tracy said...

Hi Shirley
Gorgeous creation, love all your details and the way you've done the colour too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

lalkygirl said...

what a pretty project .love the colour combo with a splash of pretty blue
Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ AND GOOD LUCK
Tracey

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

.

.

.

Welcome to my blog.

e-mail sa.field@btinternet.com

.

.

Follow on Blogluvin

.

Follow Me on Pinterest

.

.

.

.

.

Winner and top 3 awards.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A Little Bit Crafty DT Blog

.

.

.

.

My card was chosen for " Cream of the Crop" Jan 2014

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



.Photobucket
.Photobucket
Frosted Designs

Stamps R Us







Blogs I follow