Advent calendar

I saw that Bubblyfunk had a challenge this week to make an Advent calendar so I thought I would have a go at making one. If you would like to see some great Advent calendars on the Bubblefunk blog just take a visit tothis site. to get some inspiration.
The first step was to print the numbers off the computer and make the little pockets. I cut the fronts off some old tags that had been lurking for a couple of years. I punched out some small mirror card scalloped squares to back the numbers on and fixed these to the front of the tags. I used oddments of red scrap card to make hinges and I punched out larger square scallops with the same red card for the backs. The picture here shows most of the finished tags.

Choosing the papers and trying out the layout. I used Cosmo cricket fancy paper and Bazzill green cardstock for the background.



This is the finished calendar with doors closed.


I was glad when it was finished as it took me the best part of two days to make. It looked really lovely when it was finished but I could not get it to show well on any of the photo's I took. It looks much better in real life.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous advent Shirley...and thanks for taking part in the challenge!

Anonymous said...

Didn't know you could do cards this amazing. Maybe next year you could send Frankie one of these advent calenders. I'm sure she would love it! :) Amazing cards very proud. lots of love Jock, Kelly and baby Frankie

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

.

.

.

Welcome to my blog.

e-mail sa.field@btinternet.com

.

.

Follow on Blogluvin

.

Follow Me on Pinterest

.

.

.

.

.

Winner and top 3 awards.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A Little Bit Crafty DT Blog

.

.

.

.

My card was chosen for " Cream of the Crop" Jan 2014

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



.Photobucket
.Photobucket
Frosted Designs

Stamps R Us







Blogs I follow