Tag card

This card was choosen for the top 5 on the ABC challenge blog

I don't use my stamps and inks often enough and when I new that Lynne Gilbert was demonstrating at her craft club I went along to see her demonstration. She skillfully provided a great demonstration for making backgrounds using ink and torn paper including moon shadowing.
The background on my card was made using the technique she demonstrated using a torn paper layer and stippling different layers with inks and a shaving brush. By moving the torn paper across the card it gives the impression of hills in the background. The tag background was made in the same way except the moon was blocked out with a circle shape and then lightly covered with a different shade of colour after the circle was removed. I stamped a bird in Purple and cut it out. I put half on the tag and half on the card. I used different swirly stamps on the tag which were stamped with clear ink and then brushed over with shimmer powder. I added a large diamonte brad and chiffon ribbon to the tag. The bird at the base of the tag is a die cut from the Tim holtz collection which I stippled with Purple ink. I used a few lace flowers, stick on jewels, flora doodle flowers and silver hat pins to finish off the card. I have netered my card in several challenges this week and they are listed below.
http://onestopcraftchallenge.blogspot.com/ Make your own background paper
http://challengeupyourlife.blogspot.com/ Critters and bling
http://www.ourcreativecorner6.blogspot.com/ Summer
http://tuesdaytaggers.blogspot.com/ All that blooms
http://ooh-la-la-creationschallenges.blogspot.com/ use blog colours (Purple, Yellow, Pink, green)
http://abc-challenge.blogspot.com/ Weather
http://fabnfunkychallenges.blogspot.com/ Summer in colour
http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.com/ Quirky

14 comments:

Anna said...

Very pretty. Love the soft tones of your card. Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous card, love all the techniques you have used especially the half on tag half on card effect. Thank you for joining with us at TT this week.

Clare Brown said...

beautiful card.Thanks for joining us at abc challenge this fortnight.

Clare x

Lindsey said...

This is beautiful, love the colours. Thanks for joining us at OSCC this week xx

Unknown said...

Wow this is gorgeous. The colour is siply yummy. And all those fab thecniques. Thanks playing along with TT this week
hugs
Ildiko

Wendi said...

Wow this is absolutley gorgeous and so creative thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la I do hope we see you again
Wendi

Ginny said...

gorgeous, thanks for joining us at FnF

Lisa Andrews said...

Beautiful card. I love your color combinations and masking technique. Thanks for joining us at OSCC

Lisa

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Shirl

Lovely to see your card again - love how you've finished it off - mine is still sitting on my desk unloved at the moment - shame on me! Seeing how lovely yours looks - I should get my crafty fingers out...

Hugs

Tina
X

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Oh Wow! This card is amazing. The stippling makes it look so delicate. You sure rocked the challenge.
Thanks for joining us at the OSCC.
Sharon xx

Scrappy said...

Very pretty tag card! I love it! :)

Thanks so much for playing along with us at PIO! We hope you'll join us again next week! :)

Carol said...

A stunning card. Thank you for joining us at Ooh La La.
Carol
x

Nana said...

Very beautiful card.
Thank you for playing with us at "PIO". Hope to see you again next week!
hugs Nana

Cathy said...

Simply stunning.
Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge.
Cathy xx

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

.

.

.

Welcome to my blog.

e-mail sa.field@btinternet.com

.

.

Follow on Blogluvin

.

Follow Me on Pinterest

.

.

.

.

.

Winner and top 3 awards.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A Little Bit Crafty DT Blog

.

.

.

.

My card was chosen for " Cream of the Crop" Jan 2014

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



.Photobucket
.Photobucket
Frosted Designs

Stamps R Us







Blogs I follow