Altered frame

I made this little house as a key /object holder. It started life as a bare photo frame. I took out the glass and filled in the gap with cardboard. I cut and glued an oblong piece of board to the front and then cut and glued on a roof shape. I covered the house part with cream card

and the roof with " My mind's eye" designer paper. I used the same paper to make the inside of the windows and used the opposite side of the paper to make the window and door frames. I screwed in a few hooks at the bottom to hold my bling. I screwwed in two round hooks at the top back to tie my ribbbon to. I covered a pen with the same paper as the roof and made a book mark with a very large paper clip. I tied ribbon on my bling and hung it onto the hooks. I finished off my house with a chimney and added some flowers,lace an a butterfly.
It took me several days to get it finished but I loved it when it was done.
I have entered it into a few challenges which are listed below.
3 or more layers + wings

14 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Shirley
This is gorgeous,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz for this week's challenge,
Hugs Dianne xx

scrappyjacky said...

Shirley...it's gorgeous...what a great idea for a key holder.

Maria Matter said...

Wow, Shirley, this is so beautiful!!! Thank you for joining us @ Creative Belli!
blessings!

Jill said...

Oooh Shirley, that is such a great idea, love it to bits! Jill x

joy said...

So very very nice and creative. The papers you used are beautiful. Thanks for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Shirley this is absolutely fabulous what a brilliant hanger this is so creative and inspirational I love it so much.
Hugs
Lorraine x

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a great idea, and how clever! I love that you made a place for keys too! Thanks for playing the Belli Challenge!

Sandie said...

Love it!! Those papers are one of my all time favourite collections!! Such a wonderful idea!

Thanks for joining us on Crafty Angels this week.

Saskia said...

Wow! Beautiful and unique work!! Lovely to see your work at Rosie-D's Challenge! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Greetings, Saskia :)

Mervi said...

Great project! So cute and lovely!
Thanks for sharing this with us
at Rosie D's;-))Mervi

Lynne said...

Great project!! Thanks for joining us at SSPT this month!!
Lynne

Debs said...

Great project.
Thanks for playing along with mu challenge at Allsorts this week.
Take care.
Debs xx

scotspanda said...

great idea! love the papers

thanks for joining in with the Allsorts fun this week

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Priyanka said...

This is really beautiful.Thank u so much for ur comment on my card,yes its takes time

Have a wonderful day

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

.

.

.

Welcome to my blog.

e-mail sa.field@btinternet.com

.

.

Follow on Blogluvin

.

Follow Me on Pinterest

.

.

.

.

.

Winner and top 3 awards.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A Little Bit Crafty DT Blog

.

.

.

.

My card was chosen for " Cream of the Crop" Jan 2014

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



.Photobucket
.Photobucket
Frosted Designs

Stamps R Us







Blogs I follow