Wall hanger gift


I am continuing with my inking and this is a project that I have just finished.
I used a piece of  6"x 6" MDF. I painted it with White acrylic paint and dried it with a heat gun. I repeated the process using  a little pale Yellow paint. When this was dry I sanded it off slightly to show a little of the White paint from underneath.I stamped some images from  the Artsy Floral set by creative impressions at random until I was happy with it. I then inked the edges (which did not come out as nicely as I would have liked) and left it to dry. I die cut the Tim Holtz birdcage and fixed some Pearls, a Bird (cut on cricut) and some parts of corners cut from a nestability die. I fixed it to my card with foam pads to give a bit of dimention. I glued a die cut key, a trio of flowers and leaves and some more pieces I cut from corners that I die cut on my wizard.  I added some metal centres to my flowers and a double heart charm. The butterfly was silver metal but the colour was changed by adding different inks until the colour looked like a petrol slick in water. It gave it a lovely sparkly shine. I used some thin cord to make the bow for the top of the cage and I put I few loops in with the flowers to give a bit more interest.
I made the hanger from some pink  tape and knotted two small pieces of the thin cord about 1/2" from the top of the board. I was pleased with the finished article although I could have done better with the inking. I have only done a couple of projects with inking so I still have a lot to learn. I had more on my hands than on the board. the best thing about it was that I enjoyed it and will certainly continue to try and improve my inking skills.
I have entered my gift into several challenges listed her:-
http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/       make a gift
http://craftsandmechallenges.blogspot.com/        petals and pearls
http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com/      butterflies
http://fabnfunkychallenges.blogspot.com/      flower power
http://www.charismacardz.blogspot.com/      die cuts
http://creativecardcrew.blogspot.com/   sparkle and shine
http://creataliciouschallenges.blogspot.com/   vintage
http://www.craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.com/   anything goes

18 comments:

Jill said...

Oh my Shirley! That is so nice. I just don't think I have the patience! Jill x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Shirley this is awesome work what beautiful images I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

papertrails leaver said...

wow! This is amazing! I like that you made a wall hanging to prominently share with all. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous corners!! I love the purples too :)

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Stunning hun I just love your distressing
Thanks for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion
Hugs Shell xx

sammi said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Shirley. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful creation with us at Craft Your Passion, in our "anything goes" challenge.

Claudine Poch said...

What a beautiful wallhanging! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion.

Anonymous said...

Just divine.So creative and beautiful.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.
Lisa x

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Wow this is really gorgeous - what a unique project! Love the stamping you did as well as the layering with the acrylic paint! Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations!
Melissa

Crafteezee said...

This is gorgeous Shirley, I love that butterfly and how you have created the background, and I think the inked edges are fab. Just love it. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me.

Hugs Tracy x
P.S. I have candy on my blog if you want to pop over.

Lauretta See said...

gorgeous project!! so very elegant! Thank you for playing with us this week on the CRAFT YOUR PASSION challenge, Good Luck!

Allison said...

very pretty
Thanks for playing along at charisma this week
AllisonX

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge with your lovely work! Good luck!

Greetings, Saskia
(guest designer)

Lindsey said...

Great card! so elegant and pretty! Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky this week x

**Farrah** said...

I really love this wall hanging! It's so elegant!
Farrah

Unknown said...

beautiful, thanks for joining Charisma

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Wow Shirley love how this turned out;-) your finishing touches are always great!

Tina
X

crafty amy said...

Wow this is beautiful what a gorgeous gift! You have put so much work into it and it really shows :D
Thank you for joining us at crafts and me and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

.

.

.

Welcome to my blog.

e-mail sa.field@btinternet.com

.

.

Follow on Blogluvin

.

Follow Me on Pinterest

.

.

.

.

.

Winner and top 3 awards.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A Little Bit Crafty DT Blog

.

.

.

.

My card was chosen for " Cream of the Crop" Jan 2014

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



.Photobucket
.Photobucket
Frosted Designs

Stamps R Us







Blogs I follow