Penny Black- Box




This month the theme for the challenge at Penny Black at Allsorts is "Black and White and one other colour" and I used Pink as my other colour. Some months ago my friend gave me this lovely box and I decided to turn it into a pencil box for my grandaughter. I can put this in as a little "extra" with her Birthday present. I used die cuts, punched out dots (hole punch ), lace, pearls, gems, a heart charm and of cause my gorgeous Penny Black image. I stamped a little butterfly which I left un-coloured. I used Promarkers to colour in my image and added a little bow to her hair. I hope she will  like it and when the pencils are long gone it can be used for trinkets. 
There are some fabulous prizes on offer as usual on the Penny Black at Allsorts blog here:- http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.com/. Pop over to get all the details and check out the fabulous makes by the designer team. The challenge runs for the whole month and  prizes of rubber stamps are given away every week. There is also the added chance of winning a set of Aqumarkers  from Promarker and a 10%
lifetime discount given by PB stamps.

Here is a list of the challenges I have entered:-
 
http://simplycreatechallenges.blogspot.com/  Do it yourself
http://ceschallenges.blogspot.com/ Use die cuts
http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.com/ Cute
http://creativecardcrew.blogspot.com/ For a child
http://paperprettiesblog.blogspot.com/ Bling
http://paperromancechallenges.blogspot.com/ Bling
http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/ Dies or punches and ribbon
http://www.palspaperarts.com/ Punches
http://charismacardz.blogspot.com/ Bling/sparkle
http://fairytale-challengeblog.blogspot.com/ Create something for a Birthday
http://frosteddesigns.blogspot.com/ Bling
 


33 comments:

brenda said...

A lovely piece of artwork Shirley and what a lovely gift to receive, I know your grandaughter will adore it.

B x

Christel said...

This is a gorgeous little box! Lucky girl who gets this...or boy ;)
Love the stamp and lace.
Thanks for joining Charisma cardz this week.

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful little box, my daughter would just love a box like this, you hae done a fantastic job. you grandaughter is going to love it for many years to come

Thank you for playing along at Frosted Designs, and I really do look forward to seeing more of your work

Amanda

uksharon said...

Love this little box how fantastic. Love the image too.
Thanks for joining us at CCCC this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Wow this is gorgeous, just love the colours....

Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge this week, good luck!
hugs shell xx

Bianca said...

What a lovely box. A little one will love it! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

all the days of our life said...

This is adorable. I love it. Thanks for playing with us at Frosted Designs.

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous Shirley, I love it. Seems ages since I saw you.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

What a great idea Shirley, it's a gorgeous box and your granddaughter will love it, I'm sure.

Hugs
Maarit

darling Ho said...

What a pretty box!! Maybe my daughter will need one.:)
Thanks for joining us at FTC & SC. ~~hugs~darling Ho~~

Unknown said...

Love the decorated box. Thanks for playing over at Frosted Designs.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous box Shirley.

Hugs Riet.xx

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Shirl

What a thoughtful friend you have giving you that lovely box.... ha ha!!!!! (only joking)

Love what you've done with it Shirl and Frankie will love it too! (when she is old enough!)

Take care and see you soon.

Tina
XX

Anonymous said...

Hello a wonderful job.
A stunning design.
Thanks for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge.
** Karla

Sheena said...

A lovely creation and a great image! Thanks for joining us at CES this week! Sheena xx

Clare Brown said...

I just love how you have altered the box.Goodluck at Charisma this week

Chris said...

I love boxes, and this is a great one. I'm glad you showed the inside cause I always have to open boxes when I see them in stores.
thanks for playing with us at Paper Pretties.

Ellibelle said...

What an adorable pencil box! Love the sweet image you used and it's so beautifully decorated!! I am sure your granddaughter will absolutely love it!!

Marjo said...

What a great idea and what a gorgeous box! Love it. Thanks so much for playing with us at Simply Create for our "Do it Yourself" Challenge.

Hugs, Marjo

PokSa said...

Fantastic work. Your box is beautiful.
Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.
Hugs Sandra

Tracy said...

Hi Shirley,
I love your + 1 colour, great colour combo and a gorgeous creation, great gift too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Kezzy said...

Beautiful box i bet your granddaughter loved it, i love the colours you have used. Xx

NanaConnie said...

This is so delightful. I love pink with black and white.

lynne said...

What a adorable little box! My little girl has a "thing" for little boxes, she keeps all little trinkets in hers! I am sure your Grandaughter will love it too!

Thanks for joining us at Simply Create for our DIY challenge!
Lynne x

ruth said...

Oh how clever! What an adorable treasure box. I love the colors and I love how you blinged it! :)

Thanks for taking the challenge this week at Frosted Designs!

Louise said...

This is just such a lovely idea and so beautifully done,I always save boxes.
Louise xx

Nela said...

What a gorgeous box!
Thanks for playing along with us at Fairytale Challenge
Hugs Nela

Sandra P said...

Great project! Love the color combo :)

Thanks for joining PR this week!

Hugs,
Sandra P

Bonnie Garby said...

Great gift box! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Leah l'Orange said...

adorable! love the idea, and the image is perfect! thanks for sharing with the Charisma Gals this week, and lots of luck! :D

Rose said...

this is precious!! love all the lace :)

so glad you joined us on Simply Create for our DYI challenge :)

Eli said...

What a nice idea!

Hannapanna said...

This is just lovely. Thanks for joining us at the Birthday challenge over at the Fairytale Challenge. Hugs, Hanna (Guest Designer)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

.

.

.

Welcome to my blog.

e-mail sa.field@btinternet.com

.

.

Follow on Blogluvin

.

Follow Me on Pinterest

.

.

.

.

.

Winner and top 3 awards.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A Little Bit Crafty DT Blog

.

.

.

.

My card was chosen for " Cream of the Crop" Jan 2014

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



.Photobucket
.Photobucket
Frosted Designs

Stamps R Us







Blogs I follow