Vintage style

First of all I would like to thank all my friends and followers who have been so patient over the past year. My blog has suffered a bit due to being so busy refurbishing our home and doing a complete makeover in our sitting room. When I say "we", I mean my husband mostly. You all know what it's like continually moving furniture from one room to the other and the whole house suffers. At last we have finished, taken a couple of short holidays and are ready to catch up and get some normality back into our lives. I am starting by getting back into my cardmaking.


I was so excited when I found out that Marianne's Design Divas have a DT call. I just had to go for it and the card above is my entry. I wanted to make something with a bit of a vintage look to it. I chose three complimentary papers (Papermania Regency pack), distressed the edges and arranged these to my liking. I distressed another smaller square and added my image. I added two rows of frilled ribbon and one row of rose ribbon. I die cut and curled my roses using Marianne die LR0162, leaves LR0150 and the bird (branch removed) LR0140 and added these to my card. I finished it off with some gorgeous shiny pale green pearls.  I am really pleased with it and have entered it into a few challenges listed below.
http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.co.uk/ Anything goes linky party
http://thesisterhoodofcrafters.blogspot.co.uk/ Diamonds, pearls,lace. use at least one of these items.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! it's GORGEOUS shirley! i love the colours, all the die cuts and those tiny green pearls.
linda

Lionelsa said...

What a stunning card!

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

I love this card as I do like vintage. Your layering and use of embellishments are perfect. Thank you for entering the Marianne Design Divas challenge and their DT call. Good luck in both. Wishes, Suzanne :)

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely vintage card. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. (could you please link back to our blog to be eligible from entry into the prize draw.) Elaine

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous!! I love the vintage look and the papers are fabulous!! Thanks so much for playing along at Paper Playtime :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Paper Playtime DT

Mian said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card! I love your layout and the vintage look. Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too. Come back and Play with us again really soon!

Mian
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Your card is so pretty--love vintage. Glad you joined us at Simply Create Too for Challenge #18 - "Use it Twice"


Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Shirley.

Hugs Riet.xx

cotnob said...

Gorgeous card, I love the vintage feel and image.
Good luck with he DT call.
Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
Pauline
x

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Shirl

What a totally fabulous design. I just love this card the colour combo and just everything about it - its a sure winner to me!!

Big hugs

Tina
XXX

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome Shirley. Gorgeous colours and layout. Good luck with the DT call.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Suzanne said...

good luck with the dt love the image too thank you for joining us at stampacular this week

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Shirley
A gorgeous and beautiful card love the colour's thankyou for joining us this week at BEARLY MINE CHALLENGES
Hugs Dianne xx

Darlene said...

Another BEAUTIFUL vintage creation! Love the color combination on this one! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘DIAMONDS, PEARLS and/or LACE’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Shannon83k said...

Awesome job, love the vintage look. Thanks for joining us this week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner. DT Member Shannon83k

Annette said...

Stunning card, and that ruffled ribbon is just gorgeous.

Annette - Netty's Cards
Proud to design for Top Tip Tuesday.
xx

phamil said...

Oh how pretty! And I love the brown/beige color scheme! Beautiful, and thank you so much for joining the RRR challenge!

Julia said...

I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS! My entries are: #84, #129, #157, #159 and #277.
I would love to have you visit my blog!
Hugs,
Julia

Melina said...

Beautiful! love your vintage creation! Thanks for playing at Twisted Tuesdays :)

StephG said...

this is gorgeous...love the image. I especially like this vintage, shabby chic look. Good luck on your DT entry!
Thanks for playing at Stamptacular Sunday!

Anne Fenton said...

Beautiful vintage...I love it...thank you for joining us at TTCRD.

Jess's Crafty Things said...

glad to see you blogging again and love your style. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenges Blog hugs Jess xx

Laney said...

WOW!! shirley this is stunning .....my favourite kind of card!! Thanks for joining us at Diva's and Bearlymine this time hope to see you again soon
hugs
laney

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

.

.

.

Welcome to my blog.

e-mail sa.field@btinternet.com

.

.

Follow on Blogluvin

.

Follow Me on Pinterest

.

.

.

.

.

Winner and top 3 awards.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A Little Bit Crafty DT Blog

.

.

.

.

My card was chosen for " Cream of the Crop" Jan 2014

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



.Photobucket
.Photobucket
Frosted Designs

Stamps R Us







Blogs I follow