Have you ever started a small project thinking it will take couple of hours or so to make. Well I did just that but it ended up being a couple of days.Take a look at the next couple of pictures and I will explain why.
I thought it would be a good idea to cover a polystyrene heart with little buds made from circles of pretty paper. BIG MISTAKE. One of my favourite colour combos at the moment is pink and white so I used Craftwork Cards paper from the "Moorish" collection. It took ages to cut out the circles freehand and scrunching them took time too. I mixed some PVA glue with a little water, brushed a thin coat on the heart and each scrunched circle as I went round. The amount you see here I had to do 10 fold plus all those that fell off had to be stuck on again. I kind of scrunched them and added more glue as I went along to try and keep them stuck down but as fast as I put one on, another one stuck to my finger or fell off. My fingers were thick with glue and I was fed after a short while. I got nearly a quarter done and decided to leave it until the next day.
I had not put much thought to the gluing but when I checked the heart the next morning ( picture above) I realised that my lovely soft buds had stretched out with using to much glue and were looking more like flatish, rock hard, pancakes. I was so disappointed. I tried pulling some off but a chunk of the polystyrene came off with them. I had no other option but to glue them back into place and carry on.
As this is a gift for a friend I had to cover the inside and the back of the heart which took another couple of hours. When the last buds went on I vowed never again to make scrunched buds.
I waited another day for the whole thing to be rock hard. I decorated it with ribbon, plain and sparkly flowers, crystal gems, die cuts, sentiments and plain and silver Candi.