A card for many challenges


There are so many challenges I wanted to enter this week and also to use an image that has been kicking about my craft room for months. She is so pretty and I just had to make the right kind of card to fit the image. The reaason she was kicking about for so long, was that I could not get her to fit in with any papers and card or design I had done. She just seemed to look odd. Anyway not being beaten I've had another go and came up with this result. I used a little more patience this time (it took almost a whole day to get the look I  wanted) and gave her a sort of modern Vintage look.
I found a lovely piece of pink card with a gold pattern and layered it up with Mirror card and some swirly patterned scrap paper. The papers were quite strong with patterns so I did not want to put too much bling on and overdo the card. I added some gorgeous thick lace, hearts, dragonflies ,pearls and some ribbon. I finished it off with a lovely sentiment and a couple of brads.
I was really pleased with the finished card and it will be kept for someone who is having a special celebration.
Here is a list of the challenges I entered :-
http://craftaliciouschallenges.blogspot.com/              pearls and swirls
http://paperprettiesblog.blogspot.com/                     ribbon
http://paperromancechallenges.blogspot.com/          pink and bling 
http://thecraftypad.blogspot.com/                          glitz and glitter
http://www.justscraps.ca/                                      anything goes
http://theshabbytearoom.blogspot.com/                  inspiration photo (delicate Rose)
http://crazychallenge.blogspot.com/                        hearts
http://craftyourdaysaway.blogspot.com/                 favourite things ( I chose my favourite colours)
http://fabnfunkychallenges.blogspot.com/                use your favourite colours
http://challengeupyourlife.blogspot.com/                  celebrations

21 comments:

Debbie said...

So very pretty ... I {heart} the lace trim! Thanks for sharing your card with us this week in the Tea Room :)

Jill said...

Its certainly a very pretty image Shirley, I can see your dilemma! Think you have done it proud though! Jill x

Lindsey said...

Oh how beautiful! This is absolutely stunning, i love the vintage look. Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky this week x

Nicole said...

Pretty and oh so shabby! Pretty colors together! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

maxine said...

Very pretty thanks for playing along at the crafty pad this week.

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Shirley this is so beautiful that image is gorgeous so is the lace, colours and those dragonflies fabulous work .
Hugs
Lorraine x

Lisa said...

Such a pretty card with a beautiful vintage image and gorgeous lace! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us in the Tea Room!

Audrey Pettit said...

I think you hit on the absolute perfect mix to use with that beautiful vintage lady. This is gorgeous. So elegant. Love the pops of metallic in the paper, the dragonflies, and the brads.
Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR.

andrea said...

gorgeous card and lovely image thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

Anne said...

Very pretty, such a sweet card, thanks for playing along with the crazy gang this week
Anne x

Unknown said...

very pretty, thanks so much for playing along with the crazy girls!!!
Trish

Jennifer said...

What a lovely creation! Great favourite colours. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky! xx Jenny xx

Jean said...

The time was well spent. The car is beautiful Shirley! Thanks for playing along at Just Scraps. I hope you come back again!

Crafteezee said...

This is a very elegant card, just love it. Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious.

Hugs Tracy x
P.S. I have candy on my blog if you want to pop over.

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful and elegant card Shirley. The soft colours are gorgeous as is all the detail.

Thank you for joining us for our first challenge over at CYDA.

Hugs

Joanne x

Мързеланче said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week!

xxx
Neli

Amy Leggate- Paper Romance said...

Very Pretty! Thanks for playing along this week at Paper Romance
Amy

Sarah said...

This card is beautiful Shirley, I love the image and the soft colours. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our first challenge x

Debbie said...

Beautiful card - very pretty indeed. :)
Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week. :)

xxDebbiexx

Mandy said...

Beautiful card, so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious for my swirls and pearls challenge
hugs Mandy xx

MaryH said...

This is exactly the kind of card that I love! So vintage & feminine...every element on it, just speaks of elegance, tea & cookies, just so sweet & pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

.

.

.

Welcome to my blog.

e-mail sa.field@btinternet.com

.

.

Follow on Blogluvin

.

Follow Me on Pinterest

.

.

.

.

.

Winner and top 3 awards.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A Little Bit Crafty DT Blog

.

.

.

.

My card was chosen for " Cream of the Crop" Jan 2014

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



.Photobucket
.Photobucket
Frosted Designs

Stamps R Us







Blogs I follow