Penny black card


This weeks challenge over at the secret crafter is for a Celebration card. I had just about finished this card card when I saw the challenge and thought it would be just the right sort of card to enter.I also spotted another challenge on the Cupcake Crafts blog with the theme "thanks a bunch" and thought my card was apt for that too. All the papers I used came from my cardmaker's ultimate floral pad. The sentiment was also from the same pad.
I measured and pricked the edges of three pieces of card. I had cut one larger piece for my backing and the other two pieces to hold the sentiment and my stamped and coloured image. I attached these to my card as shown. I attached my ric-rac and twirl down the left side and glued my flowers above the sentiment.
I was really happy when I finished the card as it came out exactly as I had planned.
Do visit this site. and this site. to take a look at all the other card entries. The design teams have made some great cards for inspiration too.

11 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

This is a really lovely card....it's such a cute image....and great papers....all matches perfectly.

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

fabulous

thanks for joining us in our blogoversary week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Cathy said...

Aww such a cute card - love the image and great papers.
Thank you for joining in the SCSC this time.
Cathy xx

Sharon said...

A gorgeous card Shirley.

Donna said...

Stunning card and such a beautiful mix of colours! Thank you so much for joining in the SCSC and Cupcake challenges this week :) Donna x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the cute image and great colours.
luv
Debby

Kruemel said...

These little hedgehogs are just too cute - and this card is a lovely way to thank someone.
Thanks for playing with Cupcake Craft this week!
Hugs
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Jill said...

beautiful card Shirley, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Shirley, what a pretty card. I love the PB image and your colouring is fab. Great papers and the layout is perfect. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Pop's Cards said...

what a pretty card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Great papers and layout. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week. Hugs Pops x

Liza said...

A fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

.

.

.

Welcome to my blog.

e-mail sa.field@btinternet.com

.

.

Follow on Blogluvin

.

Follow Me on Pinterest

.

.

.

.

.

Winner and top 3 awards.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A Little Bit Crafty DT Blog

.

.

.

.

My card was chosen for " Cream of the Crop" Jan 2014

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



.Photobucket
.Photobucket
Frosted Designs

Stamps R Us







Blogs I follow