Celebration cake card

Happy Birthday to me, happy birthday to me.......... Yes it is my birthday today and I am celebrating by going on holiday to Spain tomorrow to visit my son, his girlfriend and my beautiful grand daughter Frankie (Volcanic ash allowing). This will be my last posting before I leave.

A couple of weeks ago I ventured outside my comfort zone of using only square or oblong cards.
I have enjoyed making shapes cards and could not resist making another. http://lily-bootoo.blogspot.com/ is a monthly challenge blog and their latest challenge is for shaped cards. I noticed several other challenges for Celebration/Anniversary type cards and decided I wanted to make a cake of some sort. I started off by sketching a three tiered cake and after several attempts managed to get the size and shape I liked. I cut out my template of the cake on scrap paper and used it to cut out my cake from a lovely piece of silk screened designer paper by papermania. I then added two pieces of ric-rac to help show the layers. I then added two rows of daisy lace just below the ric-rac. I made three bows and attatched them across the lace. I made a ribbon rosette flower by stitching along one side of the ribbon and drawing up the thread until it formed a circle. I added a rose to the centre of the rosette and attatched it to the top of my cake. I punched out some leaves and added them to my card. To finish off I added some pink card candy dots.
I am really pleased with the overall finish and the template was easier to make than I thought. You never know I may start to make all my own templates from now on Ha ha.
Here is a list of all the other challenges I entered using my card:-
http://creativeinspirationschallenge.blogspot.com/ Congratulations
http://creativecottagechallenge.blogspot.com/ Food and/or drink
http://bythecuteandgirly.blogspot.com/ Celebrations
http://craftyannschallengeblog.wordpress.com/ Anything goes
http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.com/ Wedding/Birthday cake
http://www.charismacardz.blogspot.com/ Weddings
http://www.ourcreativecorner6.blogspot.com/ Anniversary
http://lily-bootoo.blogspot.com/ Shaped card
http://thecraftypad.blogspot.com/ Use any punch

23 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Shirley what a yummy brithday cake and hope you have a wonderful day.
Enjoy your time in spain - if you get there?

Thanks for joing in iwth the crafty pad challenge and good luck. :)

xxDebbie CPSdesigns

Suzie McFloozy said...

Wow this is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at The creative cottage this week x
PS have a great holiday I hope you don't get held up x
((hugs)) Suxie xx

Ann Whitfield said...

Happy Birthday Shirley - I hope you manage to get away to see your family. Thank you for sharing this stunning card with us at Crafty Ann's.
Ann x

Julie Ranae said...

Beautiful creation, Shirley....we would LOVE to have you play with us over at The Play Date Cafe Challenge....you can grab the 'I Play...' badge over there and add us to your list of challenges...we would love to have your style represented : )

maxine said...

This is a beautiful cake thanks for joining us at the crafty pad

Loopylou. said...

shirley have a super duper time in spain hunny, i hope you get there ok.
I love your cake shaped card, the papaer is so beautiful. Thankyou for popping back and playing again on lily-boo too xxx

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Shirley!
Your cake is AMAZING!!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cottage!
Love Becky xx

Christy said...

That's gorgeous :)

Beryl said...

What a lovely cake - and no calories.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's.
Beryl xx

brenda said...

Hi Shirley

Firstly, belated Happy Birthday, hope you had a wonderful day.

On to your cake card which is just lovely.

Thank you for sharing with us at By the Cute and Girly.

B x

Kazzy73 said...

Love this cake card its so pretty love the little flowers.Thanks for joining us at LB2.
Karen x x x

valen said...

What a lovely birthday cake! Happy Birthday to you! Have a nice time in Spain. Thank you for joining us at Lily-Boo2 this week.

Kristina said...

Happy belated birthday! That's beautiful cake. Glad you joined us this month at LB2. Enjoy Spain!

Tasha said...

What a beautiful creation, your so creative, and i love the detailing
Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz
love tasha xx

Trimgym said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Faye said...

Wow, wow, wow. And in case you didn't get that... WOW! Thank you so much for sharing it at Charisma. x

Katie said...

Fabulous idea for a card!!
Thanks for playing with us over at LBT!

Tami said...

This is very pretty and creative. Thanks for playing at Lily Boo's

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Holy moly, this is positively wonderful! I love the pretty soft pinks and the great DP. The lace and the yoyo are the perfect finishing touches. It would make a lovely anniversary card! Great job on the challenge - so happy you could have some fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Geraldine said...

Yummy looking cake. You have "iced" it beautifully with the lace bows and the pink brads. really different. Enjoy your holiday and thank you for joining BTC&G challenge.
geraldine

katesacraftybugger said...

this is so pretty ,thanks for playing along at lilyboo's

Lisa said...

well done!!! thanks for joining us at LB2

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Wow Shirl this is just so gorgeous I love it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

.

.

.

Welcome to my blog.

e-mail sa.field@btinternet.com

.

.

Follow on Blogluvin

.

Follow Me on Pinterest

.

.

.

.

.

Winner and top 3 awards.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A Little Bit Crafty DT Blog

.

.

.

.

My card was chosen for " Cream of the Crop" Jan 2014

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



.Photobucket
.Photobucket
Frosted Designs

Stamps R Us







Blogs I follow