Penny Black Christmas card C4C63



I decided to make an un-traditional xmas card using this PB image. I did my usual pricking, matting and layering and when I came to colour in my image I decided to do a minimal ammount. I have never done this before and was not sure if it worked or not. The more I looked at it the more I liked it so I decided to leave it as it was. It's nice to do somethinmg different for a change and I can always go back and colour it in if I change my mind. I added my image to a purple mat which I had already pricked. I cut a piece of silver foiled designer paper from Craftwork cards, emboss punched it and added it to my card. I added my image on the top. I finished it off with some gorgeous perfectly matching lace and matching punched snowflakes and brads. I saw a challenge amongst many others for "show off your style" at http://freshbreweddesigns.blogspot.com/  and I suppose you could say this is my style as I love to mat, layer, and prick round the edges of my cards. Another that caught my eye at  http://www.scrap-creations1.blogspot.com/  was for a song title and I rememberd some of the words to one I sang when I was young which related to a xmas stocking. Here is the link to the song:-
http://carleneswordsandmusicworld.yuku.com/topic/1256/t/Little-Christmas-Stocking-With-A-Hole-In-it.html  So I decided to enter these challenges along with a few others that are listed below.

http://craftyannschallengeblog.blogspot.com/ non traditional Christmas
http://sukkersott.blogspot.com/  Christmas or advent
http://pennybfriendssaturdaychallenge/.blogspot.com/  all your favourite things
http://crazy4challenges.blogspot.com/   Christmas card
http://critterchallengeblog.blogspot.com/  critter + texture
http://stampwithfun.blogspot.com/  square card
http://thefuzzywuzzychallenges.blogspot.com/  animal + spring, summer , winter or fall

26 comments:

Ann Whitfield said...

I think it definitely works Shirley! I love it, this card is so effective like this and really doesn't need more. Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Tracey said...

I love un-traditionl Christmas cards and this is lovely! Thanks for playing along with FBD.

Andrea said...

Very great card - nice motiv and great design! Thanks for joining stamp with fun.
Big hug
Andrea-Emmi41

Stacy said...

OH I like this non-tradtional card! And I think by not coloring the image all the way it makes it very elegant. Beautiful touches with the embossing and snowflakes! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges!
Stacy

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

This is beautiful, and your minimal colouring works wonderfully with the whole design :D

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Shirl

I think this is such a gorgeous card I love your colour combo and I think leaving the image plain works really well because your background matt and layering is in such a strong colour which sets of the image so well.

Happy crafting

Tina
X

Claire said...

Beautiful card, I love your minimal colouring, its so effective! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
Claire xx

Saskia said...

Beautiful card, do cute and so elegant! Great style!

Lovely to see your work at Freshly Brewed Challenges! Thanks for joining us!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

iReneM said...

Beautiful! Great image and lovely finishing touches.
Thank you for shring it with us for Crafty Ann's first birthday challenge

x

Jill said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, I just love the untraditional! Jill x

Zoechaos said...

Wonderful love the illusion of simplicity can see how much love and work went into this stunning please fabulous colour scheme. xx Zoe

scrappyjacky said...

A gorgeous card.

Yvonne said...

What a cool card! Love that you only used one color on the image!
Thank you so much for joining us at Sukkersøtt!
Hugs, Yvonne

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I LOVE your pricking, matting and the beautiful image. The purple is so deep and rich. REally makes the white pop!!! Beautiful card, thanks so much for showing us your style at Freshly Brewed Challenges!

Mary C said...

This card is just so adorable. I love it being just purple and white. Thanks for playing with us this week at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations and Good Luck!

stephanne said...

Woohoo, welcome back Shirley!!! LOVE this card, what a cool way to use the image and that purple is sensational!!! Thanks, once again, for playing with us at TFWC!!!
hugs, stephanne

Kylie said...

Ohhh - card #2! Thank you for coming back! I love your Penny Black card. The purple is wonderful.
Thanks for playing along with The Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenges (again!) this month,
Hugs
Kylie

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Shirley.

Hugs Riet.x

Unknown said...

Lovely card!!! Nice lace. Happy to see you at Freshly brewed designs challenge blog this week! Hope to se you soon again!

Anonymous said...

beautiful card! thanks for playing the critter sketch challenge.

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card shirley and I love how you didn't colour much of the image.......thanks for sharing your favourite things with us all at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

Sue said...

Shirely your on a roll! And we at Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge get to reap the benefits!! Love the purple and your image and layers and details are all wonderful. Had not seen this PB image before, really cute. Thanks again for joining us.

Hugs
Sue

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card.
luv
Debby

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, really like how you left it black & white with the touch of purple. Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with Scrap-creations.

Peggy said...

I love this! The purple and white is striking. Great job. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Tanya said...

Great card!

Thanks for playing with us at Critter Sketch this week!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

.

.

.

Welcome to my blog.

e-mail sa.field@btinternet.com

.

.

Follow on Blogluvin

.

Follow Me on Pinterest

.

.

.

.

.

Winner and top 3 awards.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A Little Bit Crafty DT Blog

.

.

.

.

My card was chosen for " Cream of the Crop" Jan 2014

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



.Photobucket
.Photobucket
Frosted Designs

Stamps R Us







Blogs I follow