Playtime


It's mid month challenge time at Penny Black and More and that means it's time for an inspirational card. The challenge theme is "Feature a Creature" and the team have made some fantastic inspirational pieces of work to share with you. There is still plenty of time to enter the challenge and there are several prizes to be won. Pop over to the blog for the rules and details using the link above.

I must admit I kind of threw this card together as I have not been well for a while.  I basically grabbed what I could find on my desk and managed to get my card together by the skin of my teeth for this post.
I have used lots of snippets which I pulled from a box of left over bits I keep and hardly ever use. The die cut had a bent corner so I hid that under the flowers. The gro grain ribbon was tiny but I managed to cut into two pieces hiding the join under the image. I was feeling a bit low and not concentrating and the glue came through the first layer of lace. I fudged over that by adding another scrap of net on top. A skinny piece of cream lace had the life stretched out of it so it just about stretched the width of the card and I tiny scrap of a flower was added to a crumpled corner on my image.
I realized afterwards It would have probably been quicker to start a fresh card but by this time I was loosing the will to live and it just had to do.

14 comments:

brenda said...

So pretty with all the Spring blossoms Shirley and that's a lovely touch across the bottom with the tulle frill.

B x

Linby said...

Love how your flowers on the stamp are echoed by the papers and the flowers - so very pretty.
Lynn x

Mervi said...

Gorgeous springtime card Shirley;-))m

Whisper said...

Aaah so adorable and i'm loving the layout too, Luv Sam x

Anonymous said...

this is so pretty in all that pink and such an adorable hedgie image! i love the dimension of the flowers and the ruffled trim. hope you're feeling better.

Di said...

I love this Shirley - well done for plodding on even when you could have thrown in the towel. So pretty and I do love the hedgie!

Thanks for playing in the Snippets Playground :)

Hugs

Di xx

Ellibelle said...

A very pretty card Shirley, loving the ruffles and lace, perfect for the cute image!

Tracy said...

Hi Shirley
Such a sweet card, and an adorable image.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh Shirley, this is just darling! I really love that tulle trim! Brilliant design! <3

lulucker said...

Gorgeous card, love the flowers. thank you for joining us at Petal Lu x

craftysahmiam said...

Lovely card using up snippets of this and that ! So many fun details to look at.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is precious, Shirley. Thanks so much for sharing this in our Spring Ribbon Challenge. Blessings to you and please join us again soon.
Karen
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Virginia said...

What a great addition to our challenge. Thanks for Playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon. Hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper.

Kay Dalton said...

lovely card, cute image,thanks for joining us at Petal Lu, hugs kay

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

.

.

.

Welcome to my blog.

e-mail sa.field@btinternet.com

.

.

Follow on Blogluvin

.

Follow Me on Pinterest

.

.

.

.

.

Winner and top 3 awards.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A Little Bit Crafty DT Blog

.

.

.

.

My card was chosen for " Cream of the Crop" Jan 2014

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



.Photobucket
.Photobucket
Frosted Designs

Stamps R Us







Blogs I follow