Sunflowers



I recently bought several new Penny Black floral stamps but due to being ill have not had a chance to play with them. These gorgeous Sunflowers were the first stamp I played with and it is so pretty. I did a water colour wash of blue, yellow and green letting a bit of water run into the colours. I stamped, water coloured and cut out my image. I added foam tabs to give a bit of dimension and a few mini crystals. I mounted it onto blue card and a piece of designer paper before adding it to my card. I wish I had either inked the edges of the designer paper or added another mat but it will make a nice birthday card or thank card for someone who enjoys flowers.

 Many people ask me how I manage to cut out my images with such precision and these are the scissors I use. My first pair lasted me over 10 years and I only had to buy a new pair because my old ones got sucked into the hoover and it put a slit in the finger grip. My first pair cost me £10 and my newest pair cost £11 which I managed to track down on Amazon. It was easier posting the photo than trying to describe the details.

The Penny Black and More challenge this month is Birthdays. There are some fabulous prizes to be won from sponsors Penny Black, Crafty Ribbons, Be Creative and Stix 2. There is also a chance to be a guest designer on a future challenge. You do not have to be an advanced crafter to enter, all entries are welcome. Just remember work with main digi images is not accepted. The design team have made some fantastic cards/projects for your inspiration so pop over to get all the details about entering the challenge and see their beautiful work.

8 comments:

brenda said...

I was wondered what you had used for that lovely soft background Shirley as it' a perfect backing for the lovely Sunflowers.

Hope you have a good Sunday.

B x

Mervi said...

Totally stunning card, love the soft colours, beautifully cut out.
Happy Sunday;-))m

Whisper said...

Simply delightful hun and good on you for such fabby cutting out too, Luv Sam x

SweetPea Designs said...

This is a work of art Shirley. Stunning! Xx

Ellibelle said...

I just recently bought some floral stamps too, almost got this one too. Love your watercolor wash background. So pretty! I think the card looks beautiful as it is and doesn't need another frame. It really makes those gorgeous flowers stand out beautifully!

Anonymous said...

wow, i love your watercoloured background and colouring of the image! i thought you also watercoloured the light blue background with maybe a heat embossed resist technique. i agree with ellie, the bold mat makes the image pop and everything else nicely fades out. a beautiful card!

Linby said...

I've been tempted by the new flower stamps too - they are lovely aren't they. You've made a beautiful card with the sunflowers with a fab background and such fine cutting out. Lynn x

Tracy said...

Hi Shirley
Such a pretty card, and a beautiful flower image.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

.

.

.

Welcome to my blog.

e-mail sa.field@btinternet.com

.

.

Follow on Blogluvin

.

Follow Me on Pinterest

.

.

.

.

.

Winner and top 3 awards.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A Little Bit Crafty DT Blog

.

.

.

.

My card was chosen for " Cream of the Crop" Jan 2014

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



.Photobucket
.Photobucket
Frosted Designs

Stamps R Us







Blogs I follow