Perfect Poppies


I used Poppy Trio by PB for my central image on this card as it is beautiful and very versatile. I think water colouring it gave it a lovely soft look which I struggle to do when using Promarkers. I inked the doily die cut edges and added foam pads to give it a bit of a lift from the background paper. I love the simplicity and the focus is on the lovely poppies. A sentiment and some thin ribbon finished it off and it turned out just as I wanted it.
Now over to the Penny Black and More challenge this month which is  Anything goes. There are some fantastic prizes up for grabs from sponsors Penny Black, Crafts U Love and Crafty Ribbons. There is also a chance to be a guest designer. Pop over to the blog for all the details and remember to read the simple rules carefully before entering the challenge. NO Digis allowed.

6 comments:

brenda said...

The soft lilacs you have used give a lovely delicate feel to your pretty card Shirley.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

B x

Whisper said...

Aaaah simply delightful and i so love purple too, luv Sam x

Ellibelle said...

So beautifully colored Shirley! Love the clean design, you are right, such a gorgeous stamp does not need a lot of extras surrounding it and should be the focal point!

Mervi said...

Totally sweet and delicate card, love the colours;-))m

Anonymous said...

such a beautiful card shirley! i LOVE the colours and your colouring, along with the striped background!

Linby said...

wow this looks like a totally different stamp in this colourway - love it (as it is my fav colour) also love the touch of colour on the edge of the doily. Lynn x

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

.

.

.

Welcome to my blog.

e-mail sa.field@btinternet.com

.

.

Follow on Blogluvin

.

Follow Me on Pinterest

.

.

.

.

.

Winner and top 3 awards.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A Little Bit Crafty DT Blog

.

.

.

.

My card was chosen for " Cream of the Crop" Jan 2014

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



.Photobucket
.Photobucket
Frosted Designs

Stamps R Us







Blogs I follow