White Poppies

My goodness the months are rolling by so quickly. It seems to me we have just got past Christmas and we are fast approaching Summer.
This is my mid month inspiration card for the Penny Black and More " Birthday" challenge for the month of April. This is a nice easy challenge with lots of lovely prizes up for grabs. Pop over to the blog to see the inspiration cards from the lovely DT girls. Please check the rules carefully before you enter.
My card turned out completely different to what I was intending to make. I was very late in getting it made (again) so I quickly stamped my image called Poppy Trio. Even with minimal colouring I think it is beautiful. I added foam pads to the back, added ribbon and fixed it to my card. I die cut  two Butterflies, glued them together and added a few gems to the body before adding it to the card. More  gems were added to the centre of the Poppies and a sentiment was added to finish it off.

10 comments:

brenda said...

Your card is totally stunning Shirley and the colour palette so striking.

B x

Whisper said...

Simply delightful hun, Luv Sam x

Mervi said...

So beautiful and stylish card;-))m

Ellibelle said...

A beautiful design Shirley, loving the white poppies! I know what you mean about time flying. I also feel like we just had Christmas and here we are, kids are almost out of school for the summer! Less than a month to go! Wish time would slow down a bit!

SweetPea Designs said...

Gorgeous colours Shirley! Love it. Xx

Anonymous said...

beautiful! i love the layout, the pretty butterfly and the rich red gems are the perfect embellishment!

Linby said...

Another beautiful creation Shirley - it looks perfect in white.
Lynn x

Tracy said...

Hi Shirley
What a pretty card, love your papers and image.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Marjeta said...

Wonderful card. Love your image and DP combination .

Marjeta

Marjeta said...

Wonderful card. Love your image and DP combination .

Marjeta

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

.

.

.

Welcome to my blog.

e-mail sa.field@btinternet.com

.

.

Follow on Blogluvin

.

Follow Me on Pinterest

.

.

.

.

.

Winner and top 3 awards.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A Little Bit Crafty DT Blog

.

.

.

.

My card was chosen for " Cream of the Crop" Jan 2014

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



.Photobucket
.Photobucket
Frosted Designs

Stamps R Us







Blogs I follow