Penny Black card


Have you ever started out making a card and ending up creating something completely different? Well this is exactly what happened with this card. I played around with all sorts of papers and different colours of card and spent all day messing around with it. I went off it after that and am still not sure whether I like it or not. I was happy with the colours anyway and this is what I used. The papers came from my old faithful Hot of the Press pad and you can see how I have layered them out on my card using Brown, then patterned, then Pink papers. I tore the Pink piece at the bottom. The two crossing stripes were also cut from the same pad but I covered over the little flowers with some Yellow ribbon. I stamped and water coloured my Penny Black image and layered it onto the same Brown and Pink papers that I had already used. I die cut a swirly thingy with my nestability die and placed that under my image. The Pink circle says Happy Birthday round the edges but it is quite difficult to see here. This also came from the Hot off the Press pad. I put the circle onto a medium sized White flower and then put a smaller White flower on top. I attached this to my card with a Papermania flower brad which matched those that I had already placed evenly along the ribbons.

7 comments:

Cherry said...

Beautiful work, Shirley. I frequently start something and it changes as I go and I end up being surprised. Thank you very much for your generous candy - it is wonderful and I can't wait to use it. Have a lovely week Cherry XXX

scrappyjacky said...

What a lovely card...I really like the colours you've used.

Craftyrose said...

Its delightful Shirley! I love the PB image and the whole feel of it. Just goes to show much fun it is to play! xx

Alina said...

Hi Shirley, your card is as lovely as all your other creations on your blog!
Congratulations on your award, it's so deserved!
Have a lovely day!
Hugs, Alina

SallyB said...

I do this all the time...but find it very frustrating spending so much time on one card! I love it when I whizz a few off and it all comes together quickly.
We are just perfectionists! It looks lovely!

Sharon Noble said...

Its so very pretty i love it.

i have left awards over at my blog for you
hugs Sharon xx

Sharon Noble said...

opps looks like you already got the candy shirley from someone else xx

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

.

.

.

Welcome to my blog.

e-mail sa.field@btinternet.com

.

.

Follow on Blogluvin

.

Follow Me on Pinterest

.

.

.

.

.

Winner and top 3 awards.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A Little Bit Crafty DT Blog

.

.

.

.

My card was chosen for " Cream of the Crop" Jan 2014

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



.Photobucket
.Photobucket
Frosted Designs

Stamps R Us







Blogs I follow